Cast-in-place concrete, also known as site-cast or poured-in-place concrete, refers to concrete placed directly on a construction site using formwork instead of precast concrete, which is cast offsite and then brought to a construction site to be assembled. Cast -in-place concrete can be used in retaining walls as well as foundation systems.
Removable concrete forms can create a vertical concrete retaining wall with almost any shape desired. We specialize in Large walls that require design by a professional engineer. It is advisable to get local building department approval for the design of whatever wall you are intending to build. We work with many design and engineering companies to help you get your project out of the ground and rolling.
Cast in place concrete retaining walls can consist of many different footing styles. The one pictured below is a standard T spread footing with reinforced steel (re-bar) and concrete. The one below consists of two separate concrete pours, the footing and the stem wall separate. This does not always have to be the case, you can achieve a monolithic pour on smaller retaining walls. Almost all larger walls (4’-12’) tall are poured in multiple passes and designed that way by the Engineers.
What are the Benefits of Cast in-place Retaining Walls?
- Strength: Cast-in-place concrete is a strong and durable material that provides a high level of structural support, making it suitable for use in retaining wall projects that require stability and support.
- Durability: Concrete is a long-lasting material that can withstand harsh weather conditions and heavy loads, making it a cost-effective solution for retaining wall projects.
- Customizability: Cast-in-place concrete retaining walls can be designed and constructed to meet the specific needs of a project, including custom shapes, sizes, and finishes.
- Aesthetics: Cast-in-place concrete retaining walls can be finished with a variety of textures and colors, making them a visually appealing option for retaining wall projects.
- Easy maintenance: Cast-in-place concrete retaining walls are easy to maintain and require minimal upkeep over time.
- Lateral support: Cast-in-place concrete retaining walls provide lateral support to prevent soil or rock from collapsing or sliding.
- Versatility: Cast-in-place concrete retaining walls can be used in a variety of retaining wall projects, including steep slopes and retaining walls in areas with high load requirements.